Our client is one of world’s foremost refrigeration solutions providers. Their key activities include the design, manufacture, installation and after sales care of refrigeration and HVAC products.
They are urgently looking to recruit a Sales Manager, who will be responsible for generating profitable service and project works relating to refrigeration and process cooling installations. Growing the customer base to include new contracts will be a priority with the aim of profitable growth and efficient development of our Client's Regional business in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Research and identify potential customers.
- Initiate contact with key people from prospective customers and build a rapport.
- Gather information to identify what the main drivers behind their refrigeration requirements and what the critical constraints are that may hinder the fulfilment of these requirements.
- Analyse the information to create a thorough understanding of both the customer’s needs and the critical decision making factors in order to successfully take a proactive approach in formulating and presenting solutions that best fit these customer needs.
- Explore and communicate the features, benefits and disadvantages of alternative solutions and to guide the customer in deciding the best solution for their business.
- Create presentations to communicate proposed solutions to customer, clearly articulating the features and benefits the customer will get from the proposed solution.
- Produce and support detailed tenders for submission to customer.
- Produce and support detailed cost estimates and tender assessment documentation for internal evaluation and control.
- Help formulate Sales and Marketing Strategy for the Northern Region in cooperation with the Regional Manager and marketing department.
- Formulate customer specific sales approach, guide and mentor other members of the Northern management team in doing the same.
- Respect and maintain company confidentiality.
- Comply with requirements of Health and Safety practices as outlined in the Company Health and Safety Procedures.
- Submit all required paperwork within allocated time frame.
- Good technical refrigeration knowledge and proven sales skills.
- Great interpersonal skills at all levels
- Good organising and planning
- Good understanding of Marketing concepts
- Understanding of financial concepts within the targeted market sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a good listener
- Inquisitive mind and conceptual thinker
- MS Office, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a sales strategy, and motivating and supporting others to improve their sales ability
- Technical sales and quoting experience with mechanical and / or electrical refrigeration and air conditioning preferable.