Our Client is one of the largest distributor of swimming pool products in the world. The company is growing steadily with a turnover of over £30m.
They are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Advisor to work in a small team within their technical office. The successful candidate will deal with technical enquiries including specifying products, providing detailed quotations, maximising sales and providing a first class level of customer service as well as to maintain a high level of technical knowledge of the products within the H&V portfolio. The successful candidate will support the Divisional Sales Manager and the H&V Field Sales Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To handle all customer telephone/email/faxed enquiries of a technical nature promptly and effectively.
- To converse with and assist customers, architects, consultants / surveyors and designers at the highest technical level, via email, telephone and when required, in person.
- Be able to interpret and take measurements and details from architect's drawings and/or CAD (or equivalent) in order to make calculations necessary for specifying equipment.
- To provide accurate and detailed quotations.
- To receive and input orders, which result from technical queries / quotations.
- Attend occasional meetings with customer/clients/consultants to provide technical assistance as appropriate.
- To offer additional or alternative products to the customer where necessary or appropriate.
- To liaise with and to follow up leads from External Sales Executives, e.g. progress visit reports and correspondence.
- To promote product initiatives and assist in the promotion of designated product lines.
- To quote "special prices" when the required authorisation has been obtained.
- To maintain the level of product knowledge necessary to influence and develop sales, including identifying training needs and attending product training sessions.
- To liaise closely with the manufacturer, to progress the following areas: Product availability, delivery times, engineering issues, product quality issues, service related questions, product development.
- To periodically monitor sales on designated products as required.
- To liaise with other departments in respect of the resolution of customer complaints.
- To occasionally assist at external promotional events e.g. exhibitions and seminars.
- To attend and contribute to sales meetings / team briefings as required.
- To provide documentation as required/requested by customer, including product specifications, safety datasheet & product literature.
- To maintain a reasonable knowledge of water treatment/testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Strong sales focus.
- Technical aptitude.
- High level of customer service.
- Organisational skills - practical and logical thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- IT skills including good knowledge of Excel.
For more information about this position, please contact David Walker on : 0118 466 3333 or email@example.com