Our client is a specialist in air handling units, fan coil units, unit heaters and close control products.
They are urgently looking to recruit a Service Sales Engineer to generate sales of Service & Maintenance contracts for the Midlands area.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the designated geographical area
- generate new business for the organisation's service product.
- Network within existing customers to expand sales opportunities.
- Effect telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Actively manage call schedules to ensure the area is adequately covered in a time-efficient manner.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine potential.
- Maintain high visibility in the market place by achieving the required face to face sales calls per week.
- Prepare clear written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers working at agreed margins
- Work towards exceeding agreed sales targets and maximising margin opportunity.
- Arrange and present lunchtime or evening Continuing Professional Development (CPD) seminars for customers / clients.
- Co-ordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounts, logistics and technical services.
- maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Respond to email and phone enquires in a timely manner.
- Follow up all quotations issued on a regular basis (updating the CRM accordingly).
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues looking for potential opportunities on projects or in organisations outside of the defined geographical area.
- Work in close collaboration with the Service Sales Team seeking opportunities to promote the company’s services.
- Maintain accurate sales forecast within the CRM.
- Participate in trade shows and social events with potential or existing customers.
- Liase with management on a monthly basis.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- HNC / HND or Degree in Mechanical / HVAC discipline or equivalent would be an advantage
- Good understanding of modern Building Services design.
- Minimum of 2 years field based sales experience.
- Experience of identifying and developing new customers for the business via telephone ‘cold calling’ or networking via existing customers.
- Ability to select and specify appropriate service from client initial contact.
- Good time management and call planning ability.
- Good IT skills and ability to use software e.g.. Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable confidence under pressure.
- personal resilience e.g. ability to deal with demanding or difficult customers and persistence with the sales process.
For more information about this position, please contact David Walker on : 0118 930 4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org