Our client is a specialist within air handling units, fan coil units, unit heaters, close control products.
They are urgently looking to recruit a Service Sales Engineer to generate sales of our Client's Service & Maintenance products and associated services for the Beds/Bucks/Herts/Northern Home Counties.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the designated geographical area to generate new business for the organisations products and services.
- Network within existing customers to expand sales opportunities.
- Make telephone calls, in person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Actively manage call schedules to ensure the area is adequately covered in a time-efficient manner.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine potential.
- Maintain high visibility in the market place by achieving a minimum of six face to face sales calls per week.
- Prepare clear written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers working at agreed margins
- Work towards exceeding agreed sales targets and maximising margin opportunity.
- Arrange and present lunchtime or evening Continuing Professional Development seminars for customers /clients.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounts, logistics and technical services.
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with customer addresses, contact names, telephone number and email addresses.Respond to email and phone enquires in a timely manner.
- Follow up all quotations issued on a regular basis updating the CRM accordingly.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues looking for potential opportunities on projects or in organisations outside of the defined geographical area.
- Work in close collaboration with the Service Sales Team looking for opportunities to promote the company’s services.
- Maintain accurate sales forecast within the CRM.
- Participate in trade shows and social events with potential or existing customers.
- Supply management on a monthly basis.
- Any other duties, projects etc. that are necessary for the achievement of the company’s objectives within the remit of the role.
- Full UK Driving Licence (maximum 6 points on licence and no cases pending).
- HNC/D, Degree in Mechanical / HVAC discipline or equivalent would be an advantage
- Good understanding of modern building services design.
- Minimum of 2 years field based sales experience.
- Experience of identifying and developing new customers for the business via telephone ‘cold calling’ or networking via existing customers.
- Ability to select and specify appropriate products from client initial concept design.
- Good time management and call planning ability.
- Good IT skills and ability to use software e.g.. Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable confidence under pressure.
- Longer working hours may require the role holder to agree to opt out of the Working Time regulations.
- Excellent personal resilience e.g. ability to deal with demanding or difficult customers and persistence with the sales process.
- This role will require the post holder to lift weights of up to 10kg unaided (e.g. samples and sales materials)
For more information about this position, please contact David Walker on : 0118 930 4444 or email@example.com