Our Client is the specialist for air treatment. They supply air handling units, fan coil units, unit heaters, close control units and air filters.
They are looking to recruit a Service Operations Manager to manage all service operations within the Region. Responding to the technical, contractual and engineering needs of customers, clients and stakeholders for contracted and non-contracted planned maintenance and reactive work. This role is mainly office based.
- To lead, manage and provide a proficient, professional, cost effective and responsive 24 hour customer service, identifying areas where improvements can be made to the service.
- Manage the Regional Planner & Supervisor in work allocation and scheduling engineers / technicians in the most efficient and cost effective manner to use those resources.
- Managing and ensuring that an essential out of hour's standby rota is implemented.
- Ensure compliance with all technical and quality standards, liaising as necessary with Gas Compliance and Health & Safety Managers.
- Producing all relevant Risk Assessment & Method statements in a timely manner and ensuring these are communicated to customers, field engineers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that engineers and sub-contractors activities are fully compliant with relevant Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- To ensure that company operational activities are in compliance with company policy and statutory requirements on Health & Safety matters and all other relevant statutory regulations.
- To ensure a high standard of business performance output by measuring and managing the performance of the team, implementing effective and efficient practice, systems and processes.
- Provide effective operational support to the field based team with regard to clothing / PPE, stock management. Procurement, supplier management and general administrative services.
- Identify any shortcomings in the performance of team members and liaise with the Regional Service Manager to address any shortcomings or training needs.
- Proactively lead, manage and motivate the allocated team to deliver a high standard of operational service to customers, ensuring customer communications are dealt with in a highly professional manner.
- Coach and mentor the team where required and to ensure that systems are in place to measure the personal development and training needs of the team.
- To provide an agreed monthly report for the Regional Service Manager to monitor and review the standard of service delivery.
- To ensure effective communications through the delivery of team meetings and briefings and other information channels as appropriate.
- To ensure all reports are compliant with company and statutory Health & Safety working practices, policies and procedures.
- To assist in local sales activity by assisting the sales team as required with information or supply of technical / engineering resources.
- To liaise and assist Contract Managers as necessary to ensure operational performance of the region's engineers and sub-contractors are within the required performance standards.
- Assist the Contracts Managers in assessing requirements for the preparation of reactive quotations or extended contract works.
- Any other duties, projects etc. that are necessary for the achievement of the company's objectives within the remit of the role.
- Good general level of educational achievement at Secondary Level, GCSE (grade 3 minimum), NVQ2, NEBOSH/IOSH Certificate in Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- FGas, Gas Safe, CSCS registered, HNC or NVQ desirable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of the air conditioning, chiller and / or commercial gas market would be an advantage.
- The ability to grasp basic technical information in relation to the company's products and services.
- Significant relevant experience of operational management of field engineers.
- Experience of working in a variety of commercial environments with a focus on technical delivery.
- Experience of managing the work of others and coaching on performance.
- Good negotiating skills with customers and / or suppliers.
- A self-starter that is well motivated, decisive and can act on own initiative in terms of managing workload.
- Excellent PC / computer and data inputting skills and the ability to use software e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner.