Our client is the fastest growing independent Refrigeration and Air conditioning company in the UK. They design, install, service and care for systems in commercial, industrial and individual residential premises right across the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Service Manager with strong technical and managerial skills based in Cambridgeshire.
The role will oversee all aspects of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration service calls and maintenance visits, using organisational and technical skills and outstanding customer service to ensure the delivery high quality service and development of long lasting customer relationships.
- Oversee the Service and Maintenance Department, ensuring service calls and maintenance visits are carried out on time and to the satisfaction of the customer and all customer queries and complaints are dealt with satisfactorily.
- Work with colleagues within the branch to ensure all tools and equipment needed for jobs are ordered timeously and at the best price possible.
- Keep in regular communication with customers, ensuring maintenance visits are planned, booked and carried out to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Manage the workload and rotas of engineering staff including allocation of jobs and holidays to ensure sufficient staffing levels to cover both planned and unplanned work.
- Oversee the completion of all service and maintenance administration, ensuring accurate and timely completion to avoid delays.
- Attend sites when necessary,
- Be responsible for the health and Safety of staff and customers.
- Be actively involved in the process of business development to ensure continued and sustainable growth.
- Be pro active in assisting the Credit Control Department in the chasing of bad debts or resolving of queries.
- Work effectively as part of a small team.
- Previous experience as a fully competent refrigeration and air conditioning engineer as well as experience in a management / supervisory role.
- Strong technical knowledge on Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, particularly service and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS suites and customer data bases.