Our client design, install, service and care for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems in commercial, industrial and individual residential premises right across the UK. The company is now one of the fastest growing independent companies in the UK.
They are urgently looking for a Service Manager to successfully manage the operational and strategic aspects of the Service and Maintenance department. Line managing the Service and Maintenance teams effectively to promote good performance and collaborative working practices as well as to provide an outstanding customer focused service, ensuring the highest standards are achieved and maintained.
- To develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- To ensure that reactive and planned service calls, remedial works and maintenance visits are carried out efficiently, effectively and in accordance with legislation to meet the client's satisfaction.
- To ensure the financial targets of the department are achieved or exceeded.
- To develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Responsible for department budget.
- To manage, motivate and develop the department's staff to ensure collaborative, effective and productive work flow and delivery of a high level of service.
- To be responsible for workforce planning and recruitment.
- To provide technical advice and assistance to engineers and clients including site visits as and when required to support or resolve on site issues.
- To comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and ensure compliance by department staff.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- C&G 2079 or equivalent.
- PASMA / IPAF certification desirable.
- Previous experience as a fully competent refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.
- Experience in a people management / supervisory role.
- Strong technical knowledge Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, particularly service and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and data bases.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills and ability to and prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent decision making and planning skills. Demonstrable ability to plan ahead as well as react quickly and re-prioritise jobs to fulfill customer demand.
- An understanding of and ability to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Ability to confidently manage remote teams.