Our Client is a family owned refrigeration and air conditioning business and they design, install, service and care for systems in commercial, industrial and individual residential premises throughout the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Service Manager to manage the operational and strategic aspects of the service and maintenance department.
- Ensure that reactive and planned service calls, remedial works and maintenance visits are carried out efficiently, effectively and in accordance with legislation to meet the client's satisfaction.
- To ensure the financial targets of the department are achieved or exceeded.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Responsible for department budget.
- Manage, motivate and develop the department's staff to ensure effective and productive work flow and delivery of a high level of service.
- Responsible for workforce planning and recruitment.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to engineers and clients including site visits as and when required to support or resolve on site issues.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and ensure compliance by department staff.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- C&G 2079 or equivalent.
- PASMA / IPAF Certification.
- Previous experience as a fully competent refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.
- Experience as a Service Manager.
- Strong technical knowledge on Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, particularly service and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suites, customer data bases, etc.
- Able to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent planner with the ability to plan far ahead as well as react quickly and re-prioritise department jobs in reaction to customer demand.
- An understanding of and ability to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrable ability and confidence to manager remote teams.