Our client manufactures air conditioning equipment for commercial buildings, schools, hospitals, airports, factories, and residential units. Its products include water cooled chillers; air cooled chillers; heat pump chillers; water and air cooled packaged units; airside products; heating terminal products; and specialty products.
They are looking to recruit a Service and Business Development Manager to develop and grow the service activities for new and existing chillers.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the commissioning, operation and servicing of packaged water chillers, air handling units and other associated products. You will be required to secure service and maintenance contracts and to secure suitable skilled labour and other resources to execute the work. Continued support for existing maintenance agreements will be an essential part of the role. You will also promote new packaged chiller sales and grow the after sales activities including service and parts.
- To manage on a daily basis all the directly employed and contract Service Technicians and Engineers to ensure efficient and effective use of skills and all other resources.
- To assist in the planning of labour, quoting of work.
- To assist in the hiring and be responsible for the training of Field Service Engineers, Technicians and Site Installers.
- To attend site in support of Service Technicians or on a direct basis as the needs of the department or our customers dictate.
- As the Service Administrator, Service Field Engineers, Technicians and Site Installers report to you, you will be responsible for ensuring they carry out their work efficiently and effectively.
- To assist the Service Administrator with enquiries for Service, Maintenance and Warranty activities and manage the planning of labour and quoting of work, as required.
- To arrange supervision of labour on site and working under instruction from other managers.
- Liaise with customers, which are typically specialist contractors, in a professional manner and co-ordinate the client's works with other trades present on site.
- When required you will manage and oversee the installation of equipment sold, in accordance with appropriate drawings or other instructions applicable.
- To ensure the safe use of both hand tools and mains supplied power tools.
- To work within site rules stipulated by either the company or their customer, the main contractor or legislation, including those regarding Health and Safety.
- To assist in the management of on site Project work including the installation of the company's products.
- To assist in the Identification, selection and procurement of spare parts.
- To assist in responding to enquiries for Packaged Chillers using available software or liaising with suppliers including other divisions of the company to select equipment, prepare quotations and submit to potential customers in a timely manner.
- Develop ideas and implement changes for improvements in the activities for which you are responsible.
- To assist in the hiring of and managing all staff reporting to you. To conduct Performance Reviews annually and to identify training needs to develop skills to the benefit of the company and service department.