Our Client is an established Refrigeration Manufacturing company, now urgently looking to recruit a Senior Applications & Design Engineer.
- To generate equipment designs using software design tools including CAD package.
- To generate sub-assembly designs for refrigerant system piping.
- To generate designs and specifications for frames, housings, condensers and fan decks for production by 3rd party manufacturing partners.
- To generate quality control standards for volume production and custom build equipment.
- To undertake quality control checks to ensure production quality standards are met and maintained.
- To participate in new product development, undertaking research, feasibility studies and testing as appropriate.
- To manage the customer orders as delegated by the Production Manager, through the Project Management process, ensuring that the customers' units are built in accordance with the specification, in budget and are shipped by the agreed date.
- Produce the CAD drawings to the standard necessary for production and for reference by the customer.
- To participate fully in production planning, scheduling and parts procurement enabling the workshop to meet the delivery stipulations agreed.
- To organise and chair as necessary, weekly planning and production meetings.
- To assist with production quality control and with setting/reviewing quality standards for the workshop.
- To generate quotations as requested by customers for the Company's products.
- To generate a bill of materials for each production project, with accurate pricing and lead time for each of the component parts.
- To procure long lead items as necessary for each project, to ensure the production can be scheduled in order to meet the delivery date.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that the process and tasks for each project are undertaken in accordance with the schedule.
- To ensure that the projects allocated to you are effectively planned out and managed to ensure that the projects are completed within the agreed production schedule.
- To ensure that all staff working within the Project Team are given clear instructions, support and assistance when necessary.
- 5 years practical experience in a technical engineering capacity within a production / manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of refrigeration equipment design, with experience in designing refrigeration equipment / products.
- Experience in generating specifications for refrigeration equipment in a contracting or production environment.
- Experience of working within budgets.
- Competent in using MS Word & Excel spreadsheets.
- In depth knowledge of the computerised operating systems, database and associated software.
- 3-5 years experience in generating CAD drawings for production.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of working within a customer focused and pressurised environment.
- Experience of supervising teams in a production or project-led environment (desirable).
- Experience in a Technical Sales Support Role in the Refrigeration Industry (desirable).
- Capable of negotiating with suppliers and managing performance (desirable).
- Qualified in Refrigeration System Design and Application (desirable).
For more information about this position, please contact David Walker on : 0118 930 4444 / 0118 466 3333 or email: email@example.com