Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit an additional CAD Designer with an interest in Ventilation products within the HVAC industry to expand the Technical Sales Support Team.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the design of domestic ventilation systems and producing accurate 2D & 3D CAD drawings and bills of materials to meet building regulations and client requirements.
As part of the company's sales team you will, with training and experience, also be able to offer technical support internally to other departments and externally to customers, installers and other industry professionals.
- Design systems in line with customer requirements / specifications and the relevant building regulations.
- Produce 2D & 3D room layouts, schematics and elevation drawings with AutoCad.
- Prepare quotations and BOMs using various internal systems, processes and guidelines.
- Liaising with and discussing design queries with external customers and internal staff via telephone and email.
- Maintain clear, concise and effective business communication, both verbal and written. This includes keeping the CRM system up to date with all notes and correspondence.
- Work in conjunction with your teammates and the Internal Sales Team to ensure work is completed and issued to customers' expectations and to deadlines as set by the Internal Sales Team Leader.
- Maintain a high level of customer service in a professional and timely manner and uphold company standards with conscientious and pro-active approach.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to both external customer and internal staff via telephone and email.
- CAD 2D & 3D is required, preferably in AutoCAD MEP.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and methodical in approach and record keeping.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural / structural drawings so designs are appropriate.
- The ability to interpret and communicate technical data and being able to communicate this effectively both verbally and in writing to the target audience.
- Quality focussed with a proactive approach to technical challenges.
- Time management and the ability to work on multiple projects to deadlines.
- Organisation skills and process driven.
- Minimum of one years previous experience in CAD design and drawing within M&E.
- Technical drawing experience covering elevation and plan views and the representation of M&E installations therein.
- Working knowledge of BIM/REVIT would be desirable.
- Technical based BTEC / A-Level / HNC / HND would be an advantage.
- Experience of using and updating a CRM system would be desirable.
- Knowledge of designs and materials relevant to building structures would be beneficial.