Our Client is one of the European leaders in the thermal energy sector producing industrial boilers, burners and offering their customers a complete and innovative range of services.
They are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Sales Engineer to join their team. Working from home, the successful candidate will provide Engineering Sales cover from Lincoln to West Sussex to the South East including Greater London. Extensive travel is part of the role and effective time management is essential.
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for sales to end users, contractors and consultants for the Company’s range of Steam Generators, Fire Tube Steam Boilers, high temperature Thermal Fluid Heaters and Process Air Heaters. The customer base is broad and includes the food, chemical, oil and gas, metal, pharmaceutical and marine industries plus important Public Sector opportunities.
This role requires you to develop detailed specifications and projects to sell to new and existing users. The bulk of sales leads are generated through the head office and the web and you will be required to follow up enquiries and qualify them. As the company is also growing their customer base, you will be required to find and develop new sales opportunities.
Sales targets will be set by the Technical Sales Manager who will work with you as part of a team to monitor your success to meet objectives through training and personal development.
- A mechanical or chemical engineer with proven track record in industrial sales within a steam, process or other thermal engineering related environment is seen as ideal.
- Candidates qualified to Graduate/HNC level with clear potential will also be considered.
- Basic knowledge of P&ID’s, electrical diagrams, thermodynamics and process engineering.
- Knowledge of the area to be covered is preferred.
- To be able to work effectively without close supervision and must possess good organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to prepare clear and precise reports is seen as essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is a demanding and rewarding role with a high degree of autonomy, which will allow the successful candidate to develop within a large industrial group.
For further information about this position, please contact David Walker on 0118 930 4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.