Our client is one of the world's leading Refrigeration solutions providers, whose key activities include the design, manufacture, installation and after-sales care of Refrigeration and HVAC products.
They are now seeking to recruit a Sales and Applications Engineer to generate profitable regional contract works relating to Refrigeration and Process Cooling installations as well as growing the customer base to include new contacts within the Cooling industry. For the role you will also manage contract execution involving design, purchasing and contract management.
- Accurately estimate projects, identifying tailored solutions to meet the customers' requirements.
- Allocate sub-contact labour for the installations with specific responsibility for satisfactory technical and financial results.
- Ensure maximum coverage within the area to secure the required level of regional contacting business.
- Design, project manage, discuss and agree sales margins to ensure that these are achieved and maintained at contract completion.
- Plan and deliver the project to ensure the Company meets its contractual commitments.
- Exercise proper control over work in progress, ensuring speedy job completion.
- Ensure that the Company's technical and safety standards are maintained and to make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Responsible for verification of supplier invoicing against orders raised and the preparation of detailed sales invoice(s)
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Sales / Project Engineer
- Technical sales and quoting experience with Mechanical, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Recognised mechanical and/or electrical indentured apprenticeship (preferred).
- Project management skills; strong planning and organisational skills; ability to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good control of sales and contract management processes.
- Inquisitive mind and conceptual thinker.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, including World, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.