Our Client is one of the world's leading Refrigeration Solution Providers. Their key activities include the design, manufacture, installation and after sales care of refrigeration and HVAC products.
They are looking to recruit a Project Engineer, who will be responsible for planning, managing, monitoring and controlling all aspects of projects from order acceptance through to final invoicing. You will also responsible for achieving or exceeding the estimated Sales Margins whilst ensuring technical and contractual security of projects to the satisfaction of the customer.
This role will focus on project delivery mainly within the food/beverage industry and will involve predominantly working on Ammonia and C02 refrigeration packages.
- To support and achieve the timely execution of contracts, coordinating internal and external resources to ensure:
- Submission of customer documentation and other deliverables is achieved efficiently and on time,
- Equipment is manufactured and/or installed to meet the agreed scope and technical specification
- Key contract milestones are achieved,
- Customer questions and/or comments are answered promptly and suitably recorded
- The Contract is completed at or below the estimated cost
- Risks are minimized and managed according to levels of authority and are highlighted to the Customer and Contracts Manager
- Oversight of the Contract (to ensure correct budget control, programme control, WIP reporting, invoicing are being carried out by Project Managers)
- Company Quality Assurance and Health & Safety procedures are followed,
- Co-ordinate the resources of the Company, Suppliers and Sub Contractors
- Procurement of equipment and services using IFS and within the company Levels Of Authority
- To perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- UK travel to visit customers and suppliers to ensure correct completion of the project
- Limited International travel (within the EU) to visit suppliers for inspections etc.
- Experienced Project Engineer with a background of running large projects
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the resources provided to ensure contracts are executed profitably and safely
- Ensures Company procedures and levels of authority are applied
- Project management skills with strong planning and organisation
- Great communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- CDM knowledge and experience and benefit but not essential
- Demonstrable Project Management skills from within the refrigeration sector
- ONC (or equivalent) in mechanical or electrical engineering (desired)
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Thermodynamic discipline
- Background in mechanical, chemical and process engineering.
- Full knowledge and capability to create the project documentation required in the Industrial and Commercial Refrigeration Market.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, pressure and instrumentation diagrams and preferably, electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics (desired)
- Knowledge of general contract conditions and financial management
For more information about this position or to apply, please contact us on 0118 930 4444 or email your CV to email@example.com.