Our client offers a comprehensive range of piping system components for use in most pressure piping applications.
They are looking to recruit a Process Automation Technical Sales Engineer to provide day to day technical support for customer and Internal/External sales teams, product portfolio pricing enquiries, preparation of technical quotations and follow-up as well as assist in co-ordinating activities within the Process Automation team.
- To ensure all products within range are sold profitably
- To work with Product Management, Sales & Project departments.
- Ensure continued enhanced performance of UK Valve Assembly
- Work with all departments to ensure the smooth delivery of products & services within the range.
- Assist in improving technical knowledge within the internal and external team.
- Prepare valves schedules and quotes for Process Automation and manual valves..
- Assist in compiling monthly report to Head of Process Automation.
- To assist activities within the Process Automation team
- Work within the team to achieve set targets
- Ensure good communication
- Provide technical training & advice.
- Support development of product portfolio
- Support the Automation Specialist Distributors, including Process Automation distribution partner.
- To be aware of market trends and competitor activities, to identify new markets and key opportunities
- To recommend prices, discounts and terms for all products within range and customers
- Through the Stock Control Department, ensure that all products are stocked in sufficient quantity to provide the service laid down. The overall stock level should not exceed the level agreed in the budget
- To assist in new Process Automation product launches and trainings.
- To work with sales managers in achieving Process Automation sales strategy in line with Company objectives
- To work with Sales Managers regarding technical sales; presenting solutions to customers
- To work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the demands of the work
- Assist in production of Process Automation literature in conjunction with marketing department, e.g. product catalogues and marketing communications
- To liaise with Product Management, Projects, Sales, Accounts, Logistics and Sales on all matters relating to the discharge of the Short, Mid and Long Term Plan
- Establish working relationship with relevant personnel
- Engineering Degree, minimum HNC, or equivalent
- Good to high level of knowledge and/or experience of Process Automation
- High level of numeracy and commercial awareness
- Product and Market knowledge
- Product technical competence
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work as a team player
- Have a pleasant and persuasive nature
- Able to deal with customers and colleagues with tact and diplomacy
- Confident, self-motivating and be able to establish and maintain good relationships with all contacts
For more information about this position, please contact us on 0118 930 4444 or send your CV to email@example.com.