Our Client products deliver world-class indoor climate.
They are looking to recruit a National Cooling Specialist, based anywhere between Birmingham and Blackpool to support their Northern team.
- Understand the UK National Cooling & Refrigeration segment with the ability to sell Added Value Business
- Generate new business in;
- Cold Stores
- Food Processing
- Chemical Process
- Water Treatment
- Data Centres
- Gain specification with consulting engineers
- Support our Client's Sales People on joint calls
- Lobby/specify strategic Cooling products and coordinate local / regional projects
- Achieve yearly Cooling segment sales growth targets and monitor business development activities
- Willingness to be trained to the required level of Segment Mastery
- Ability to use the sales tools to penetrate key accounts within the segments
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensure regular and detailed market, application and business analysis of the local Cooling segment. Build a deep understanding of the key influencers and market leaders in (Data Centres, Refrigeration and M & E Consultants) and competitors. Use the knowledge to identify potential opportunities and threats, communicate to the global MSM and translate into business growth initiatives.
- Lead all major projects from concept to installations with assistance of the local sales person, ensuring continuity throughout the course of the project.
- Technically advance sales and advice to our existing and new customers; owners, specialist construction companies and trading partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of the pains and key needs of the influencers & decision makers in the Cooling segment and pass the information to the global MSM. Review proposed solutions packages (product & services) and challenge to what extent our Client's products can differentiate locally.
- Collect innovation ideas for product & services and pass the information to the global MSM. Review ideas (product & services) and estimate local potential.#
- Support the global MSM and global MSM in the definition of go-to-market strategies for the Cooling segment. Get the buy-in, for go-to market strategies, monitor implementation progress and execute the agreed strategic initiatives.
- Guide the local sales force for sales activities within the Cooling segment and leverage knowledge to support achievement of growth targets. Provide expertise and sales force council for the Cooling segment. Write success stories to be distributed within the region and globally.
- Implement pricing strategy in Cooling segment (reflecting the Client's value added proposition) for that traditional cost plus activities are eliminated
- Ensure promotion of our Client's products as the leading global solution provider to the Cooling business, highlighting our Client's Value Proposition within the segments through strong marketing communications strategies, involving trade fairs, print & digital media, presentations at conferences / seminars and building a strong network of key influencers.
- Take care of the most important strategic Cooling accounts locally and support cross-border projects (if applicable)
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of professional experience as a specialist in technical sales in the field of refrigeration and air conditioning technology as well as in project planning and project organisation.
- Good Commercial awareness
- Detailed knowledge of products - method of manufacture
- Business development experience advantageous
- Strong relationship management
- Ability to provide market insight, assess and make business decisions for growth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Computer Literate – effective user of MS office applications
- Engineering degree preferred.