Established in the late 60s, when UK supermarkets were growing from infancy, this company concentrates on engineering, design and cabinet requirements to meet the demands of the HVAC and Commercial Refrigeration market. Their success has recently included strategic acquisitions and today they have a diverse and varied customer base within the refrigeration retail market.
Due to current steady growth throughout the UK their South West London office is searching for an experienced Health & Safety Compliance Manager manage to drive through a continuous improvement programme in ISO standards to reduce risk and foster a positive H&S culture at all levels.
Reporting to the Branch Director you will be involved with:
- Developing a Health and Safety strategy within the business whilst also reviewing all current internal policies as complying with ISO regulations
- Ensuring systems relating to regulations, contractor management and hazardous work tasks are optimised, audited and fully effective
- Advising Senior Management and Site Teams in relation to ensuring all plant and equipment is used in compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Creating and delivering in-house behavioral safety training programme to all staff
- The full responsibility for shaping the Health and Safety agenda with the support of the Managing Director
As an ideal candidate you will have the following Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a similar H&S management role
- Relevant Health & Safety certifications
- Experience in the HVAC or Refrigeration industry preferred – not essential
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Able to build relationships with all management and staff members in the office and on site
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
With a talented team of professionals backed by an excellent engineering team this company strives for constant development to ensure that their clients receive refrigeration products and services of the highest quality. They are looking for talented professionals to ensure a lasting, successful relationship is continually forged with their varied clients across the UK.
For more detailed information on this vacancy and a confidential discussion please contact David Dunn on: 0118 930 2796 or 07587 772 978