Our is the UK's No.1 manufacturer of Air Conditioning. They design & manufacture innovative, high efficiency HVAC solutions.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer to work for the Commercial Controls Department, reporting to the Controls Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be required to grow sales of controls products from full systems to specialist cooling controls in line with the sales target.
- To achieve overall sales target.
- To maintain and develop new customers.
- Carry out BEMS sales for pre-designed projects and provide design services to clients/consultants and contractors.
- Assist in current tendering workload.
- Work alongside the sales team to provide strategic approach to sales.
- Develop new controls business outside traditional routes to market.
- Utilise past experiences to identify new product offerings.
- Provide regular updates to the Sales Manager.
- Make own appointments and manage leads effectively.
- Manage own diary and time effectively.
- Identify new opportunities; analyse competitor activities; or evaluate the success of the organisation's marketing, advertising and sales campaigns.
- Identify Sales Trends - looking at opportunities in specific sectors.
- Formulate detailed technical proposals, including equipment selection and costing and provision of relevant technical information.
- Fully support controls engineers ensuring that potential sales leads are communicated and business opportunities maximised wherever possible.
- The role will also be aimed at improving customer support and communication.
- Highly IT literate in database interrogation, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal / organisational skills.
- Experience & Technical knowledge of HVAC plant and applications.
- Experience & Technical knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Experience & Technical knowledge of control systems logic, BEMS & PLC.
- Experience of integration using BACnet, Modbus, Lon etc. preferred.
- Experience of at least one BMS system including Trend or Tridium would be an advantage.
- Successful at winning new business.
- Two to Five years proven track record in Sales.
- Full UK Driving Licence.