Our Client is one of the European leaders in the thermal engineering sector producing industrial boilers, burners and other equipment to provide their customers with a complete and innovative range of equipment and services.
The company is looking to recruit a Projects/Contracts Engineer, who will manage projects for equipment supply and turnkey installation to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements. The role may also include the preparation of sales tenders for their complete range of equipment and site installation services.
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of the supervision of the day-to-day activities and co-ordination of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning.
- Communicate with cross functional team members and sub-contractors as required to deliver project goals.
- Ensure accurate information is assembled within the framework of the Company's Quality Procedures to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to contact requirements.
- Provide on-going project planning/status reporting for use by the Company management and our customers.
- Ensure contract compliance with the Company's commercial terms and conditions and negotiate acceptable variations where required.
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable project variation quotations to their customers in association with the Company's Field Sales Engineers and Sales Management.
- Occasional travel to sites within the UK and Ireland.
- Experience in the management of medium sized, technology orientated, multi-disciplinary projects is preferred.
- Background within the Mechanical contracting services industry with specific reference to steam or high temperature process heating applications, would be ideal.
- Experience of estimating and managing project costs to completion.
- Knowledge of export contracts including Letters of Credit and negotiation of commercial terms would be an advantage.
- Ideally practical Engineering skills plus a formal qualification (HNC/HND or Degree) in a related field such as Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project control and resolution experience ideally.