Our Client has been the a world-leading producer of air conditioning equipment for more than 70 years.
They are urgently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to report to the National Sales Manager. The purpose of the role is to widen the Client's share of the market by increasing penetration and market share through relationship development and service enhancement to existing customers. Role will entsail engaging their customer's staff and ensuring that key personnel are kept up to date with the products and services and to ensure agreed targets are met or exceeded within set time frames.
- To collect market, customer and forecast information.
- To increase sales turnover and increase product awareness within agreed list of customers.
- Formulate and execute an effective business plan to achieve or exceed set sales targets / business objectives.
- Generate future sales opportunities across the contractor spectrum (Installers, M&E Contractors, Interior Fit out companies) - HVAC & Renewables businesses.
- Develop relationships with Consultants and build a project specification pipeline within a defined territory.
- End-to-end project tracking, sales forecasting and conversion.
- Seek out and develop new business partners across all defined customer target groups, including contractors (M&E).
- Actively increase specification for all our Client's products and services in the market place.
- Promote the Client's philosophy and ensure core values are adhered to in all company matters.
- Performance against agreed sales targets.
- Overall pipeline, specification and conversion targets.
- Key account development and new business acquisition.
- Customer retention (new accounts, lost accounts, re-buy ratios)
- Effective daily usage of the company CRM system.
- Regional activity as agreed with line manager.
- Collection ratios / Credit management.
- Sound technical understanding of Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Ventilation and Heating including the Client's and competitor products.
- Understanding of HVAC / Renewable market trends and clients' changing needs.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation and regulations relating to the HVACR / Renewable markets.
- Technical understanding of HVAC / Renewable product system design and solution / application selling.
- Experienced in undertaking CPD presentations to Consultants / Specifiers.
- Experience of submitting detailed customer business case proposals to line management.
- Excellent customer service skills, with strong and proven sales and negotiation abilities.
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Self starter with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.