Our Client is a global engineering and technology leader.
In pursuit of global excellence, they are continuously looking for dynamic business developers and are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to develop and grow their sales within Northern England, as well as to increase awareness across all industry segments / vertical markets, promote solution-based business development, grow consultants knowledge, develop contractor accounts and develop end user relationships / specification for the clients' Heating, Cooling, Ventilation and control solutions.
- Increase market product awareness through active engagement with M&E consultants to generate specifications.
- Engage with contractors to generate direct sales accounts to support business growth.
- Building customer relationships and pro-actively planned networking activities.
- Identification and development of business opportunities for/from consultants / contractors / end users and channel partners and map or network to the appropriate partner to maximise the client's sales and business development outcomes.
- Maintain accurate project information within the registration system to support pricing, tracking and communication of project information to the business.
- Provide monthly reports and weekly call plans to management.
- Set up, prepare and attend monthly meetings with line manager to support progress and performance.
- Experience working within the Air Conditioning industry in a sales capacity.
- Knowledge of Air Conditioning systems.
- Target driven with track record of achievement.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities within the market place.
- Ability to increase sales revenue & control margin.
- Experience of working with M&E consultants, contractors and installers.
- Ability to work with Distributor Partners and / or End Users.
- Ability to pro-actively support the sales function with full design and product knowledge.
- Strong communication and organisational skills with business acumen.
- Good presentation skills.
- Professional manner and attitude.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Educated in Mechanical Engineering (HND / Degree level ideal).
- Experience in a HVAC company especially VRF products.