Our client is a British engineering company providing world-class cooling solutions to the food and drink industry in the UK, Europe and worldwide and they are looking to recruit a Service Business Manager.
The Service Business Manager is expected to liaise closely with the engineers to ensure their work is of a high standard, as well as carry out performance reviews and address any training needs in order that customers continue to receive the timely, efficient and effective provision that they expect from our Client. Develop KPI’s for Service Engineers to monitor progress and effectiveness. The Service Business Manager is required to be aware of any outstanding issues on customer sites and organise completion of these works in conjunction with other colleagues.
Main functions of the role are as follows:
- Co-ordinate and develop the Service department function, including devising and implementing a plan for the cost-effective, efficient geographical deployment of engineers.
- Generate service and maintenance contracts with new and existing customers.
- Manage maintenance contracts for customers ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Co-ordinate Service team activities in parallel with the Installation team (via the Installation Manager) and utilise labour accordingly.
- Service contracts management.
- Manage, cost, quote and monitor service projects.
- Gather information prior to the renewal of PPM contracts.
- Liaise with other staff within the company as required to ensure streamlined customer service.
- Conduct quarterly site review visits to establish relationships with clients and prepare a report.
- Review service call reports and plan to ensure all tasks have been completed prior to invoicing.
- To be aware of current installation projects and, in conjunction with the Installation Manager, arrange for the Service engineers to view the system at commissioning stage for familiarisation.
- Monitor the technical competence of the Service Operations team. Understand the staff training matrix and identify any areas of need to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Arrange and monitor additional training as required. This includes ensuring that the engineers have the correct certification; that it is up to date; and that copies of certificates are kept in the personnel files.
- Carry out periodic checks, on site, of engineers’ appearance and vehicle condition.
- Carry out performance reviews as per company schedule.
- Identify the need for and recruitment of Engineers to develop and enhance the Service Team.
- Provide technical advice to clients in respect of refrigeration equipment on site.
- Refrigerant leak management: liaise with engineers to ensure all refrigerant leaks are repaired and checked within a reasonable timescale.
- Ensure quotations for repairs are sent to the customers in a timely fashion so as not to contravene F Gas/EU Regulations.
- Be aware of the latest technologies and refrigerants and their applications.
- Ensure all the required Health and Safety literature is provided for the customers, e.g. policy/risk assessments, method statements etc.
- Personally provide additional engineer capacity on customer sites if/when required.
- Monitor costs on Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) contracts at regular intervals to ensure they stay within budget.
- Monitor work carried out on PPM visits to ensure no chargeable service work is overlooked.
- Identify and generate new PPM contracts and maintain existing customer contracts.
- At least 5 years’ minimum experience in related industries.
- Working knowledge of primarily industrial refrigeration systems.
- Experience of managing staff (including disciplinary procedures).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Full driving licence.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in industrial refrigeration systems.