Our Client is an international market leader for temperature control solutions that keep all types and sizes of businesses and industry running worldwide. They are a privately owned company with offices throughout the UK and Europe as well as representation around the world, employing over 250 people, with an ongoing programme of steady growth.
They are urgently looking to recruit a Regional Service Manager to oversee a team of Service Technicians providing support where necessary to colleagues and customers and ensuring services are delivered to the highest standard and in the most efficient manner.
- To oversee a team of Service Technicians through regular communication on performance, feedback, effective Health and Safety and environmental practices.
- To coach and support the team and to oversee technical or customer-related problems where necessary in order to reduce customer plant downtime and enhance the customer relationship.
- To undertake weekly inspections of the team's timesheets, job sheets and associated paperwork, to fully comply with all relevant processes and Company policies.
- Ensure that Service Technicians are closing all service calls immediately upon completion either by telephone to the service desk and to ensure all related paperwork is submitted.
- To attend management and customer meetings as and when required.
- To coordinate and chair quarterly team meetings for Service Technicians within the region to address performance issues and / or to keep open communication channels.
- When required, to undertake prospective engineer interviews, complete probationary period reviews and appraisals and to liaise with the Service Director and MD with reference to any engineer performance or disciplinary matters.
- Identify and implement a training program for the team in partnership with the Service Director to fill skill gaps.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and fault resolution support for team of Technicians.
- Ensure regional preventative and scheduled maintenance work is completed to customer equipment on required dates.
- Ensure that the maintenance of engineer Company vehicles, service tools, test equipment and protective clothing are in a serviceable condition and meet safety standards.
- Ensure team of Technicians are carrying adequate vehicle stock in order to minimise duplicate calls and transport costs.
- Complete quarterly vehicle stock checks in co-ordination with the Parts team, updating systems where necessary.
- Indentify possible areas where service procedures on plant and associated equipment might be improved.
- To ensure monthly operational KPIs are completed to agreed targets and to implement improvement programs where necessary for regional under performance.
- To comply with 'Company Rules' and 'Standing Instructions' as distributed from time to time and ensuring that team also comply.
- Ensure that the customer base is supported to the highest standard with a view to sustain regional growth and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Good knowledge of industrial chillers and air conditioning equipment.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience within a chiller / refrigeration service environment.
- Full understanding of products and business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including good telephone manner and with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Diplomacy, presentable appearance and good manner.
- Capable of suggesting benefits to overcome objections and understanding customer needs.
- Previous man management experience desirable.
- Ability to hold staff reviews and to define goals and objectives for the team.
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise tasks effectively whilst adhering to SLAs.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy when coping with difficult situations.
This position is a very high profile role and in some cases the successful candidate may well be the first technical contact the client will receive. Therefore, the candidate must, at all times, be professional, acting as an 'ambassador' for the Company and maintaining high levels of credibility and integrity.
For more information about this position, please contact us on 0118 930 4444 or 07774 726119 Email: email@example.com