Our client manages a portfolio of brands which develop and manufacture products and solutions for building ventilation, air heating and cooling.
They are urgently seeking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to manage the appointed geographical sales territory and selling across a number of sectors.
For the role you will be responsible for the sales growth and budget in the assigned region by developing existing and new customer accounts.
- To define target customers and the method for prospecting as well as other tactics per customer.
- To develop a network within the region.
- To develop existing customer relationships in order to maximise sales.
- To identify new opportunities in the region to grow sales.
- To connect with key influencers in the sales cycle and is known as the HVAC expert.
- Understands market needs.
- To develop marketing tools or works with the marketing department to create specific marketing tools.
- To work closely with the key account and other colleagues in order to identify opportunities within the assigned region.
- To collect information on decision makers, competitor activity and other market information.
- To make phone calls and arrange sales appointments.
- To attend customer and prospect meetings.
- To organise and conduct demos.
- By working with customers and colleagues as appropriate, create specifications for products, produce quotations and negotiate with the customer to close deals.
- To be the point of contact for technical queries and ensure that the issues are managed to the customer's satisfaction.
- To be responsible for commissioning, once the product has been installed as per the specification.
- To provide basic on-site training for customers' operators and answer technical queries/resolve technical problems.
- To attend networking events, exhibitions and seminars.
- Ideally graduate caliber, with a technical or business education.
- Strong sales acumen and sales experience.
- Regional external sales experience within the HVAC industry.
- Technical and/or specification sales experience is required.
- Strong network of contacts at consultant and contractor level in commercial and public sectors.
- IT literate, including use of CRM systems.
- To be able to deliver results.
- Team working - find out what information others need, proactively shares own knowledge and ask the right people for information relevant to own role.
- To be able to make difficult decisions within scope of the role.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with an outgoing personality.
- Highly self-motivated, driven to achieve targets with a high sense of competition.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Valid driving licence.
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home.
For more information about this position, please contact David Walker on : 0118 930 4444 or email@example.com.